MISSOURI WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP COALITION
WHO IS MWLC?
The Missouri Women's Leadership Coalition was founded in 2001 to achieve political
gender equality in Missouri by recruiting and helping elect pro-Choice, pro-ERA, women in cities, suburbs, small towns and rural areas outside of our two major cities: Kansas City and St. Louis. We are a nonpartisan organization.
During major election years we focus on supporting candidates for the State Legislature; in other years our focus is on supporting candidates for local elections -- who are then getting important experience so we can encourage them to run for state-level offices later!
WHAT SUPPORT DOES MWLC PROVIDE FOR CANDIDATES?
MWLC will customize its support based on the needs of each candidate but can include:
- Help in developing their campaign strategy and training on what it will take to run and win!
- Providing information about voter history in their area.
- Publicizing their events through our mailing list.
- Offering tips throughout their campaign on what should be happening at various points.
- In areas where we have connections, helping to recruit volunteers to knock on doors, leaflet at events, do mailings, and the like.
2016 Endorsed Candidates
Why join us?
- You can keep informed about progressive women running for office and how to support them.
- You can follow our posts about legislative activities in the Jefferson City that affect women and learn how to weigh in on issues of concern.
- Stay up to date with our Missouri events updates.
- You can make a difference by connecting with others working to promote women’s causes.
2017 MWLC Board Members:
Jane Crigler, President
Joan Shores, Vice President
Shirley Breeze, Secretary
Nancy Copenhaver, Treasurer